Dr Daniel Crespi
Dr Daniel Crespi
BSC MBBS MRCPCH
Since qualifying from Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ School of Medicine, King’s College London in 2001, Dr Crespi trained in London in General Paediatrics. He then specialised in Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition working in several of the major Paediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology centres in London and Southampton.
He has been a Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist since 2011 at the Centre for Paediatric Gastroenterology at the Royal Free. He has helped to develop the service there with new style clinics, clinical governance and departmental guidelines and currently sits on the Hospital Drugs and Therapeutics Committee. He is also involved with the UCL medical school regularly teaching medical students.
He is a member of the British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (BSPGHAN) and contributes to the Gastrointestinal (GI) motility working group of BSPGHAN. He is actively involved in research in paediatric inflammatory bowel disease.
He sees patients of all ages from infancy through to young people aged 17 and specialises in the conditions listed below.
He is a married father of four children varying in age from toddler to 15. He is very keen on football and cycling, and days out with the family in the countryside and parks with his family and their cocker spaniel Rosie.
Country of qualification
- MRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- (RCPCH) British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (BSPGHAN) and its Motility Working Group
- Association of Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH)
- Upper GI Endoscopy (Gastroscopy)
- Lower GI endoscopy (Colonoscopy)
- Paediatric inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Food allergy and intolerance
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Coeliac disease
- Eosinophilic oesophagitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- General paediatric gastroenterology problems
- Abdominal pain
- Helicobacter infections
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Paediatric inflammatory bowel disease
- Paediatric GI motility
Dr Daniel Crespi, Paediatric Gastroenterologist is available to be seen for consultations at Royal Free London