Dr Jocelyn Brookes
MB BS FRCR FRCP
Consultant Endovascular Radiologist
Dr Jocelyn Brookes is a consultant radiologist with a special interest in vascular disease at the Royal Free Hospital. He qualified in Medicine and Surgery at The Middlesex Hospital, 1986 and achieved MRCP after post-graduate rotations in Guys Hospital and Oxford Hospitals (1991).
After further post-graduate training in Radiology (1992-7) he was appointed Consultant at UCH (UCL Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London NW1) in 1998, leading the Vascular interventional service.
As a Consultant, Dr Brookes introduced laser treatment for varicose veins to the UK (2001) after training in Buenos Ares and New York with Rob MIn and recently sat on the GDG of the current NICE guidelines for Varicose Veins.
Dr Brookes established Uterine Artery Embolisation for fibroids with UCH Gynaecologists (J Iskaros and E Saridogan, also of the Portland).
Dr Brookes represents UCLH (UK) as part of a multicentre European study of the treatment of Intra-uterine Growth Retardation. He has an established independent Radiology and Vascular private practice since 2003 and is currently a lead clinician for Vascular malformations (AVM), based at Royal Free Hospital London.
Royal Free Hospital, Hadley Wood Hospital
Country of qualification
Registration and licensing
- Embolisation of vascular mass (including uterine embolisation)
- Insertion of central venous catheter
- Endovenous laser treatment (EVLT) of Varicose Veins
- Embolisation of fiboids
- Peripherally inserted central venous catheters (PICCs) under x-ray guidance
- Angioplasty of arteries including peripheral angiogram
- Varicose veins
- Pelvic congestion
- Vascular Malformations(AVM)
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Excimer laser atherectomy
- Fibroid embolisation
- Carotid stenting
- Venous access