Dr Tara Mastracci
Dr Tara Mastracci
MD, MSC, FRCSC, FACS, FRCS
Clinical Director, Vascular Surgery
Dr Mastracci is a vascular surgeon with an interest in complex aortic repair. She completed general and vascular surgery training at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and moved on to a superfellowship in complex aortic repair at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio.
Dr Mastracci’s first consultant position was at the Cleveland Clinic, where she also held a position as assistant professor at Case Western Reserve University for seven years. Dr Mastracci moved to the Royal Free London in October 2014 to lead the aortic team.
Dr. Mastracci is a clinical epidemiologist by training and focuses most of her research in clinical outcomes related to disease of the aorta. She has a specific interest in endovascular aneurysm repair, stent graft design and development, the genetics of aortic disease, and the advancement of new intraoperative imaging techniques.
Recently Dr Mastracci has partnered with the radiation physics department at the Royal Free Hospital to improve radiation safety in the field of vascular surgery.
Country of qualification
- Endovascular Surgery
- 1998 – 2008 Member, Ontario Medical Association
- 1998 – 2006 Member, Canadian Medical Association
- 2003 – 2005 Resident Member, Canadian Association of General Surgeons
- 2003 – 2004 Resident Member, Ontario Association of General Surgeons 2005
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- 2006 - 2007 Member, Canadian Society of Vascular Surgeons
- 2008 - ongoing Member, Midwestern Vascular Society
- 2011 - ongoing Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- 2011 - ongoing Member, Society for Vascular Surgery
- 2013 – ongoing Distinguished Reviewer, Journal of Vascular Surgery
- 2015 -ongoing Member, British Society of Endovascular Surgery
- 2015 - ongoing Member, European Society of Vascular Surgery
- 2015 – ongoing Fellow, Ad Eundeum, Royal College of Surgeon of England
- Aortic surgery
- Vascular surgery