How do I pay?
IF YOU ARE INSURED
We recognise most UK health insurers and are on the nationwide networks with most. Following receipt of a valid authorisation we will handle all the financial aspects of your appointments and treatments direct with your insurer.
|Insurances we accept|
|Aviva Health||Exeter Friendly|
|AXA-PPP||Healix Health Services|
|AXA-PPP International||Health On-line|
|BUPA||PMI Healthcare Group|
|BUPA International||Pru Health|
|Standard Life Healthcare||SAGA|
|Western Provident Association||Secure Health|
|CIGNA International||VAN Breda|
|Civil Service Healthcare||Allianz Worldwide Care|
If your insurance company is not on this list we may still accept it. Please contact us via the referrals team to check.
If you have any queries as to whether your planned appointment or treatment is covered by your insurance you need to speak to your insurer to confirm. In some cases, you may need supporting information from your GP, consultant or ourselves to confirm cover and we will be happy to help via the contact details below.
You will be asked for you insurance details on booking and will be asked for evidence of insurer authorisation on checking in.
Please note that there may be aspects of your treatment that your insurer will not fund, or there may be an excess on your policy to pay. For these shortfalls in cover you will be expected to pay directly and you will be asked to sign a registration form on admission or arrival for appointment confirm your agreement to this.
IF YOU ARE NOT INSURED
We welcome self-payers to our unit and will provide quotes and estimates on request prior to your appointment or treatment.
- For simple procedures and tests – we can provide a fixed price quotation.
- For complex testing regimes or complex or uncertain treatment plans – we will provide an estimate to assist you in budgeting for your treatment.
Please ask for your quotation through the referrals team.
We expect payment to be made for the full course of treatment planned prior to admission or appointment. This payment needs to be in cleared funds in the hospital bank account.
- Credit card: We accept all major credit cards including Amex. Payment can be made over the phone, and in person [or through the payment portal].
- Bank /online transfer: Our referrals team can forward to you our bank account details (account / sort code / SWIFT / IBAN ) for online or electronic funds transfer. You will need your Royal Free account number to hand to act as a reference.
- Cash: You can pay in person with cash but we would appreciate advance warning of large cash deposits.
- Cheque: You can pay by cheque to ROYAL FREE LONDON NHS F T – PRIVATE PATIENTS – deliver in person or send to Finance Department, Royal Free Private Patients, 12th floor, Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, Hampstead, London NW3 2QG. Please note that if you are paying for planned treatment in this way time must be allowed for the cheque to be banked as clear funds (around 1 week including posting)
To make any payment you will need to have your Royal Free account number to hand, which will be created on your registration or appointment booking. The account number is also printed on each invoice heading on the right hand side.
You will receive an invoice after your treatment detailing what your money has been spent on and we are happy to answer any questions about the costs of your treatment you may have at this point.
If the treatment is more or less than the estimate given then we will contact you about refunds or additional payments.
I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT PAYMENTS
Please speak to the referrals team. If they are unable to answer your queries you will be put through to the finance team for further assistance.
- By phone: 0207 317 7637.
- By email: please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you the next working day or as per your request.
- In person: The finance team are located in the unit and you can visit in person to discuss your ongoing account at any time during working hours.