The Royal Free Centre for Minimally Invasive Gastroenterology
The Royal Free Centre for Minimally Invasive Gastroenterology is leading the transformation of the patient experience through the use of the latest innovative technology.
We offer the following non-invasive investigations:
- PillCam video capsule – provides a pain free video of the inner lining of all of the throat, stomach, small and large intestine
- Breath-testing – test for bacterial overgrowth and dairy intolerance
- Echogastrography – assesses the pumping action of the stomach
- Electrogastrography – measures the electrical activity that controls stomach movement
- Gastric emptying studies – indicates the efficiency of the stomach pump
- Large bowel transit studies – provides information on the cause of constipation
- Tests of the brain-gut connection – examines the vagus nerve and its connection to the internal organs
The Royal Free Centre for Minimally Invasive Gastroenterology aims to provide a diagnostic service that involves as few visits to the hospital as possible. If appropriate, patients will be offered a telephone or video consultation for initial specialist advice and guidance, thereby avoiding the stress that inevitably occurs with the usual hospital outpatient visit.
We offer the following minimally invasive services:
For more information or to book an appointment, please contact our dedicated enquiries team who are available Monday to Friday from 8am – 6pm on 020 7317 7751 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, please visit the following links: