Dr Ahmed Yousseif
Dr Ahmed Yousseif
MBCHB, FRCP, PHD
Consultant In Diabetes And Endocrinology
Dr Ahmed Yousseif is a consultant in Endocrinology and Diabetes, he provides a comprehensive service for patients with all types of Diabetes and Endocrine conditions.
Dr Yousseif became a member of the Royal College of Physicians in 2002 and subsequently undertook his specialist training in Diabetes and Endocrinology in the University College London Hospital (UCLH) Specialist Registrar rotational programme of the London Deanery. Dr Yousseif undertook three years of research towards a PhD degree in the field of Obesity and Bariatrics at the UCLH Centre for Weight Loss, Metabolic & Endocrine Surgery. His research work has been published in peer-reviewed papers.
Dr Yousseif was appointed as a substantive Consultant in Endocrinology and Diabetes at St Peter’s and Ashford Hospital in where he practises across all aspects of Diabetes and Endocrinology. Dr Yousseif is the Medical Lead for Diabetes Foot Complex MDT, the Medical Lead for Tier 4 Bariatric Services, and the Clinical Lead for the Acute Medical Service at St Peter’s and Ashford Hospitals.
Dr Yousseif has a special interest in Complex Diabetes, Diabetes Foot Disease, weight management and Bariatric Medicine, and Thyroid disorders and is passionate about patient-centred, individualised care.
Country of qualification
- Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians
- Diabetes UK
Registration and licensing
- Diabetes and glucose-intolerance: Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, MODY, Ketosis-prone diabetes, Gestational Diabetes and Antenatal Diabetes Care , Insulin pump therapy
- Endocrinology: Thyroid and Parathyroid disorders, Calcium and Vitamin D, Osteoporosis, Electrolyte disorders, Adrenal disorders, Pituitary disease, PCOS, Reproductive Endocrinology, Obesity
- Obesity Management and Bariatric Medicine
- Metabolic Medicine
- General and acute Medicine