Royal Free London
The Royal Free website does not capture or store personal information.
Where services are delivered on the internet small amounts of information are sometimes placed on your device, for example your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
Cookies are used to improve services by for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
Removing or disabling cookies
If you do not wish to accept cookies on your device you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. This may affect the functionality of the websites you visit.
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This is to ensure that the website is available when you want it and to help us understand what you want to use. For further details please refer to the Google Analytics website.
Sending information to our site
When asked to provide sensitive information via a web form, such as the ‘book, change or cancel an appointment‘ form, the information submitted is encrypted. When viewing a secure page or form, a padlock icon will appear on your URL. To view the information on the SSL certification click on the padlock icon. In each case we will only use the personal information you provide to deliver the services you have told us you wish to receive. Our security mechanisms and procedures protect data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
The information you submit will be treated in the strictest confidence, however we cannot guarantee the security of the global internet/email systems. Although unlikely, this means that it is possible that someone may read your enquiry/message other than yourself or the Royal Free London Private Patients unit. If you are concerned about this possible loss of privacy please contact us by alternative means such as post or telephone.
The Royal Free London Private Patients unit does not recommend that you send us any personal information by email. The statements above only cover this website at www.royalfreeprivatepatients.com. Other links within this site to other websites are not covered by this policy.
Online booking system
We use a third-party platform for our online booking system. To provide you with the best experience, we process some data about you. The information you provide when using this platform is only used to process your request for booking an appointment in one of our private hospital sites. We will only collect, and store information required to process your requests.
We do not automatically record telephone conversations. But for the purpose of training and improving the quality of service we provide, we may occasionally record incoming calls. You will be prompted before the call and will be asked if you wish to participate or not. You have an option to opt-out.
In order to provide you with the best and only high quality service. We use a third-party platform for measuring the performance of our online activities on this website. To provide you with the best experience, we process some data about you. The information we store when using this platform is only used for analytics and website performance only.
When will the Royal Free London Private Patients unit (PPU) contact me?
The PPU may contact you:
- in relation to any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that the PPU can deliver the services to you
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about PPU
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to the PPU, including via our social media channels
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the PPU or our services (participation is always voluntary and does not affect your care)
Royal Free London Private Patients unit is part of Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, for more information regarding why and what type of personal information we collect, please visit royalfree.nhs.uk
When will the Hadley Wood Hospital contact me?
Hadley Wood Hospital may contact you:
- in relation to any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Hadley Wood Hospital can deliver the services to you
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Hadley Wood Hospital
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Hadley Wood Hospital, including via our social media channels
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Hadley Wood Hospital or our services (participation is always voluntary and does not affect your care)
Hadley Wood Hospital is part of Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, for more information regarding why and what type of personal information we collect, please visit royalfree.nhs.uk