Dr Niket Patel
Dr Niket Patel
MBBS, BSC(1ST CLASS HONS), MD(RES), FRCP
Dr Niket Patel is a friendly cardiologist that strongly believes in putting the patient at the centre of his decision making. He is an expert in managing patients with cardiac conditions and subspecialises in all aspects of complex interventional cardiology (angioplasty/stenting). He enjoys working with patients to find solutions to their symptoms, considering all possible options (conservative, medical, interventional and surgical).
Dr Patel studied medicine St George’s Hospital Medical School and completed his specialist training in cardiology and coronary intervention at Harefield Hospital and Oxford University Hospital. During this time he completed his doctoral thesis in the physiology of the coronary arteries in patients suffering from heart attack.
He is happy to see patients suffering from chest pain, breathlessness, palpitations, fainting or syncope, high blood pressure, patients concerned by their risk of heart disease (primary and secondary prevention), and heart valve disease or murmurs.
Country of qualification
Registration and licensing
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary bypass graft assessment
- Pressure wire assessment
- Intravascular imaging (OCT and IVUS)
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI, angioplasty, coronary stenting) including the use of complex adjuvant techniques (eg Rotational atherectomy, bifurcation PCI techniques, etc)
- Permanent pacemaker insertion
- Treatment of ischaemic heart disease, angina (chest pain) and heart attack.
- Treatment of heart failure (breathlessness), arrhythmia (palpitations), atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure and valvular heart disease (murmurs).
- Management of primary and secondary prevention (coronary risk reduction).
- General cardiology
- Coronary physiology.
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack).
- Coronary microvascular function.
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (angioplasty)