Dr Voon Ong
Dr Voon Ong
Dr Voon Ong is a consultant Rheumatologist at the Royal Free Hospital and Senior Clinical Lecturer at UCL. He qualified in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Melbourne in Australia in 1996, undertaking his postgraduate training in north east England gaining membership of the Royal College of Physician (MRCP) in 2000.
He pursued his interest in Rheumatology with specialist training in Oxford Deanery, developing his interest in scleroderma and connective tissue disease as research fellow at Royal Free Hospital. This research work has been published and Dr Ong was awarded with PhD in Medicine with the University College of London.
Dr Ong’s interest focuses on scleroderma spectrum diseases and Raynaud’s syndrome. One of his main research interests is in the translational aspects of scleroderma, specifically cytokines, chemokines and the immune cellular network which complements the clinical service at the largest national centre for scleroderma and related diseases. He has led several key studies in the assessment of cytokines as putative biomarkers and therapeutic targets in scleroderma and immune-phenotyping. He is the principal investigator in numerous clinical trials in scleroderma.
Country of qualification
- British Society for Rheumatology
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Physicians of London
Registration and licensing
- Scleroderma & connective tissue diseases including systemic
- Lupus Erythematosus, inflammatory myositis, vasculitis & Raynaud’s disease.
- Clinical and translational research into scleroderma and Raynaud’s phenomenon.
- Active clinical trials programme.
Dr Voon Ong, Consultant Rheumatologist is available to be seen for consultations at Royal Free London