Mr Dimitrios Volanis
MD, PHD, FEBU
Mr Volanis was appointed to the Royal Free London in 2015 having completed a fellowship at Cambridge in pelvic oncology and robotic surgery.
His special interest is bladder and prostate cancer. He is the bladder cancer lead and runs weekly clinics for newly diagnosed patients.
His research is focused on the molecular mechanisms that govern the development and progression of bladder cancer.
During his fellowship in Cambridge he worked in collaboration with Prostate Cancer UK investigating the incidence of needle tract seeding following prostate biopsy.
Throughout his career, Mr Volanis has been passionate and committed to high-quality patient care putting patients’ needs as his central focus.
Royal Free Hospital, Hadley Wood Hospital
- TUR-P and TUR-BT
- Transrectal and transperineal prostate biopsies
- Circumcision and other penoscrotal surgery
- Endoscopic urethral stricture management
- Bladder and prostate cancer
- One stop haematuria and elevated PSA assessment
- Benign bladder and prostate disorders
- Penile and scrotal disorders
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
Bladder and prostate cancer
- Novel urinary biomarkers in the diagnosis and follow-up of bladder cancer
- Photodynamic diagnosis and chemoresection of bladder cancer
- Role of MRI and template biopsy in investigation of elevated PSA, diagnosis of prostate cancer and follow up