Mr George Verghese
FRCS ORTH, MS, MCH ORTH, DNB ORTH.
Consultant Orthopaedic And Spinal Surgeon
Mr George Verghese is a Consultant Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeon practising in North London.
Mr Verghese qualified as a doctor from the Armed Forces’ Medical College in India, and has trained in orthopaedics and gained specialist expertise in spinal surgery, which forms the majority of his orthopaedic practice.
He has a special interest in the Ageing Spine. The spinal treatments offered by him include spinal decompression, discectomy, kyphoplasty, dynamic spinal stabilisation, spinal fusions, minimally invasive spinal surgery, spinal injections, and radio frequency treatments.
True to his professional roots, Mr Verghese is an Orthopaedic Surgeon at heart, and his other areas of interest includes trauma surgery and hip & knee replacements.
He is Fellowship Trained in:
– Spinal Surgery; from Oswestry
– Hip & Knee Replacements; from Wrightington
Mr Verghese has a keen interest in 70’s – 80’s music, but his days as an amateur gigging guitarist are very much in the past. He does though still occasionally gets jammin’ with his sons (budding pianist/guitarist & drummer). Influences: blues & rock.
Royal Free Hospital, Hadley Wood Hospital
Country of qualification
UK & India
English, Hindi, Malayalam
Trauma & Orthopaedics
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons (BASS)
- BASS Professional Practice Committee
- Faculty member and instructor, AOTrauma/ AOUK
- Royal College Examiner, MRCS
- Stanmore Research Ethics Committee member
- BJJ / JBJS Journal Reviewer
Registration and licensing