Mr Leye Ajayi
MBBS, FRCS, MD (Lon), FRCS (Urol)
Consultant Urological Surgeon
Mr Leye Ajayi is a consultant urological surgeon and the clinical service lead for urology and clinical lead for endourology stone disease at the Royal Free Hospital.
He has a specialist interest in minimally invasive surgery for urinary tract stone disease, in particular holmium laser and lithotripsy treatment. His general urology practice focuses on andrology, rapid access prostate and haematuria (blood in urine) assessments. Mr Ajayi was awarded an MD for his research into the molecular biology of prostate cancer and has publications in this field and that of urinary tract stone disease. He is the course director of an international master class in complex stone diseases and is one of a hand full of surgeons in the country who perform PCNL in supine position and has extensive experience with this complex operation.
Mr Leye Ajayi is a faculty member of European Association of Urologist Uro-Technology (ESUT) and helps to pioneer new techniques in endourology and lectures on holmium and thulium fibre laser (TFL) laser technology in urology and PCNL. He performed live surgery at the annual European Association of Urologist conference in 2017(London), 2018 (Copenhagen), 2019 (Barcelona) and July 2021 (Virtual- July 2021).
He participates on the faculty at a number of European meetings and represents the European School of Urology (ESU) during the masterclass in Barcelona - December 2021, 2022, Balkan Urology society meeting (Serbia- 2022) and Uro-Tech-22 in Istanbul 2022.
He is a moderator of the journal of endourology podcasts on stone disease and a reviewer of manuscripts submitted for peer review publications in the American Journal of Urology and the British Journal of Urology international (BJUi). He is on the faculty of the Société Internationale d'Urologie (SIU) e-Grand Round- controversies in Urinary Stone Management and the International Meeting, Technology and Training (TnT) in Endourology 2022 in Turin, Italy.
Royal Free Hospital
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
- European Association of Urology Section of Uro-Technology (ESUT)
- European School of Urology
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Endourological Society
- Société Internationale d’Urologie
- Supine PCNL, mini-PCNL and endoscopic combined intrarenal surgery (ECIRS)
- Ureteroscopy (flexible and semirigid) - for stones or upper tract urothelial cancer (UTUC)
- Transurethral resection of prostate (TURP)
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Peno-scrotal procedures- hydrocele repair, epididymal cyst excision, varicocele treatment, vasectomy and circumcision
- Holmium and thulium fibre laser (TFL) technology for stone disease
Mr Ajayi offers rapid access one stop urinary stones, haematuria and prostate assessment. His main specialist interests are in minimally invasive laser surgery for complex kidney and ureteric stone disease including lithotripsy. He also has an interest in andrology.