Mr Parag Jaiswal
Mr Parag Jaiswal
BSC, MBBS, FRCS(T&O), MD(RES)
Consultant In Trauma And Orthopaedics
Mr Jaiswal qualified from Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Medical School in 2001. After completing basic surgical training at Guy’s and The Royal London Teaching Hospitals, he undertook his orthopaedic training on the prestigious Stanmore rotation, where he was one of the first ever academic trainees.
After completing his surgical training and thesis on cartilage damage, he travelled to Calgary (Canada) to undertake the joint reconstruction and young adult hip fellowships and complex trauma. He was awarded the British Orthopaedic Association Soli Lam Travelling Fellowship to facilitate this.
Mr Jaiswal gained significant experience during his second fellowship at Frimley Park Hospital (one of the highest volume hip arthroscopy centres in England) and further enhanced his hip and knee surgery skills.
Last year, during his consultant post at Guy’s & St. Thomas’s NHS Trust, he was awarded the British Hip Society Travelling Fellowship. This gave him the opportunity to visit one of the world’s leading and pioneering hip Arthroscopists, Marc Philippon in Vail, USA. Having learnt advanced hip arthroscopy skills and also having worked as a Consultant in the young adult hip unit at Guy’s Hospital, he is able to offer a comprehensive hip and knee service to patients with complex problems.
Mr Parag Jaiswal recently received the Orthopaedic Surgeon of the Year for London Hip & Knee Consultant for 2022; awarded by London & South East England Prestige Awards.
Country of qualification
- Trauma & Orthopaedics
- British Orthopaedic Association, British Hip Society
- American Academy Of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- International Society of Hip Arthroscopy
- Orthopaedic Surgeon of the Year (2022) London Hip & Knee Consultant London & South East England Prestige Awards
Registration and licensing
- Complex lower limb arthroplasty
- Young adult hip and revision hip surgery
- Research, education and training.
- Hip arthroscopy with labral repair
- Endoscopic treatment of trochanteric bursitis
- Endoscopic treatment of iliopsoas problems and snapping hip
- Total hip replacement (THR) and complex THR in young patients
- Revision of THR in painful and failing hips
- Treatment of patella tendon problems
- Total knee replacement (TKR)
- Partial Knee replacement
- PRP, stem cells and scaffolds
- As a result of Mr Jaiswal’s trauma fellowship and having worked as a consultant in a major trauma centre (King’s College Hospital) he is able to offer a comprehensive reconstruction of complex lower limb fractures
- He specialises in treatment of all hip fractures (he was the clinical lead for hip fractures in his previous consultant post at Guy’s & St. Thomas’ NHS Trust)
- Sports related injuries
Mr Jaiswal’s sub-specialty interest is in all forms of hip and knee surgery. In particular, he specialises in the treatment of young adults with hip problems and older patients with failing hip and knee replacements. He has trained in a wide variety of hip and knee replacement implants and therefore can use the best prosthesis suited for each individual patient with the optimal bearing.
Research: Mr Jaiswal has a doctorate on cartilage injuries in the knee and statistical modeling in surgery which culminated in the award of a MD(Res) degree (a PhD for doctors). He has nearly 50 publications and international presentations and has nine international and national prizes. This has led to innovation and change in orthopaedic practices, benefiting patients greatly. Currently, his research interests include improving outcomes following hip arthroscopy and patient related outcome measures following hip and knee replacements. Education and Training: Mr. Jaiswal strongly believes in educating and training. He is an orthopaedic tutor for medical students at The Royal Free Hospital and is involved in improving teaching and learning experience for medical students from UCL. As well as being the education and clinical supervisor of junior doctors, he teaches on the internationally famous Miller Review Course for Orthopaedic Surgeons as well as the more local King’s College Hospital FRCS(T&O) course. He has also been invited to teach on the complex hip replacement and hip arthroscopy courses in Cambridge and London.