Mr Zine Elhousseini
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
Mr Elhousseini has been working in NHS top eye departments around London for many years and has oversees experience. He is currently an Ophthalmology Consultant Surgeon at Royal Free Hospital which is one of the largest providers for healthcare in London.
With a belief in providing an elaborative eye care experience, his specialties include medical and surgical retinal management, along with both refractive cataract surgery and laser refractive eye surgery. He has experience in external eye disease and uveitis.
Mr Elhousseini has worked tirelessly to provide the best care for his patients and his main measurement for work success is a satisfied patient.
He holds multiple degrees mainly Fellowship of Royal college of Ophthalmologists London and certificate in laser and refractive surgery.
Royal Free Hospital
Country of qualification
Arabic and English
- Vitreortinal Surgery
- Medical Retina
- Refractive Laser Surgery
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- European Society of Retina Specialists
- CertLRS (Certificate of Laser and Refractive Surgery): October 2019
- FRCOPHTH (Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists): June 2017
- MRCSEd (member of the royal college of surgeons of Edinburgh): March 2013
- Master’s Degree in Ophthalmology (post Graduate Higher education): Damascus University 29/03/2011
- International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Clinical certificate 2010
- International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Basic science 2009
- Doctor of Medicine (MD): Damascus University 2006
- Pars plana vitrectomy
- Cataract surgery
- Lens exchange
- Refractive lens and laser refractive surgery
Surgical retina with continuous effort to develop and maintain the highest up to date clinical practice. He is interested in medical retina and manages many conditions such as AMD and diabetic retinopathy. Also, he has a special interest in digitalization of healthcare and is the lead for ophthalmology digital transformation at Royal Free Hospital.
Medical retina research and has been primary investigator for several trials. He is currently involved with a partnership with University College London to develop an artificial intelligence algorithm for managing and diagnosing various medical retina condition including age-related macular degeneration, diabetic macular oedema and drug-related retinal toxicity.