Mrs Fawzia Imtiaz-Crosbie
Mrs Fawzia Imtiaz-Crosbie
MBBS, MSC, FRCS
Consultant Breast Surgeon
Mrs Imtiaz-Crosbie is a Consultant Breast Surgeon. Her interests are all aspects of breast cancer surgery, both screen detected and symptomatic as well as benign breast disease.
She is also able to provide a family history and genetic testing service and risk reducing surgery as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Mrs Imtiaz-Crosbie provides immediate breast reconstruction after mastectomy as well as therapeutic mammaplasty in the setting of breast conservation surgery , all with contralateral symmetrisation.
She works collaboratively with eminent Consultant plastic surgeons from the Royal Free Hospital to offer the best of breast cancer surgery and aesthetic surgery to all patients.
Mrs Imtiaz-Crosbie qualified from University College London and The Middlesex Medical School.
She undertook an MSc investigating the role of matrix metalloproteases in wound healing.
Her higher specialist training in surgery was on the Chelsea and Westminster rotation culminating in an Oncoplastic fellowship at The Royal Marsden Hospital.
Country of qualification
- Breast Surgery
- General Medical Council
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
- Excision of breast lump
- Segmental resection or quadrantectomy
- Wide local excision of breast+/-local mobilization of glandular tissue to fill surgical cavity
- Wide local excision of lesion of breast (bilateral)
- Re-excision of lesion of breast
- Excision biopsy of breast lesion after localization
- Core biopsy of lesion of breast
- Senitinel node mapping and sampling with blue dye or radioactive probe for breast cancer
- Radical mastectomy
- Modified radical mastectomy with lymph node sample
- Modified radical mastectomy without lymph node sampling
- Modified radical mastectomy with lymph node clearance subcutaneous mastectomy
- Skin/nipple sparing mastectomy
- Simple mastectomy (including axillary node biopsy)
- Simple mastectomy (bilateral axillary node biopsy)
- Prophylactic mastectomy
- Prophylactic mastectomy bilateral
- Mastectomy for gynaecomastia-unilateral
- Mastectomy for gynaecomastia-bilateral
- Subcutaneous mastectomy with immediate implant
- Mastectomy and immediate reconstruction of breast using expandable prosthesis
- Mastectomy and immediate reconstruction of breast using fixed prosthesis
- Reconstruction of breast using expandable prosthesis (including delayed reconstruction)
- Reconstruction of breast using fixed prosthesis (including delayed reconstruction)
- Removal of prosthesis from breast (including capsulectomy)
- Simple removal of prosthesis from breast
- Implantation of prosthesis into breast (as sole procedure)
- Nipple areola complex reconstruction +/- liposuction and fat transfer
- Reduction mammoplasty
- Reduction mammoplasty (bilateral)
- Unilateral mastopexy (following reconstruction)
- Therapeutic mammoplasty for breast cancer
- Percutaneous biopsy of lesion of breast
- Drainage of breast abscess
- Operation on nipple
- Operation of ducts of nipple
- Microductectomy or mammodochectomy
- Excision of mammary fistula
- Fine needle aspiration cytology
Mrs Fawzia Imtiaz-Crosbie, Consultant Breast Surgeon is available to be seen for consultations at Royal Free London