We offer private reconstructive microsurgery at the Royal Free Hospital.
London Microsurgery Group was founded in 2021 at the Royal Free Hospital, United Kingdom by internationally renowned Microvascular Surgeon Mr Dariush Nikkhah to meet the needs of patients requiring complex reconstructions including:
• Extremity (Hand and Lower Limb)
• Facial reconstruction
• Microsurgical Nasal Reconstruction after trauma and cancer
• Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction (DIEP flap, TUG flap)
• Toe to hand Transfer
• Paediatric Congenital hand surgery
• Chest Wall Reconstruction
What do we offer?
London Microsurgery Group offers complex microsurgical reconstruction after trauma, cancer and congenital birth differences.
The Royal Free Hospital Plastic Surgery department has a long history of free tissue transplantation. In 2022 alone, Mr Nikkhah performed 46 free tissue transplants.
We provide multidisciplinary care to all our patients:
• Consultant Plastic Surgeons Specialising in Microvascular surgery (fellowship trained)
• Consultant Anaesthetists that specialise in regional anaesthesia and tissue transplantation
• Specialist nurses for 1 to 1 care in microsurgical cases
• Hand therapists
• Rehabilitation team
• Dedicated Secretarial Team
Why London Microsurgery Group
• Supermicrosurgical experience with vessels smaller than 0.8 mm
• Experts in failed breast, hand, lower limb and facial reconstruction
• State of the art flap monitoring with Venous Flow Couplers
• State of the art imaging systems for flap assessment using Indocyanine Green
Expert In the field of reconstructive surgery
Mr Dariush Nikkhah - Lead Consultant
Mr Dariush Nikkhah is a Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon who trained on the Pan-Thames rotation in London with a specialist interest in cosmetic surgery, hand surgery and reconstructive microsurgery. He is one of the few Plastic Surgeons to hold dual fellowships in Reconstructive Microsurgery and Hand surgery.
He completed a prestigious hand fellowship at Queen Victoria Hospital in both adult and paediatric hand surgery and an international fellowship in reconstructive microsurgery at the Royal Perth Hospital in Western Australia.
Mr Nikkhah is currently a substantiate Consultant Plastic Surgeon at The Royal Free London NHS Trust, focusing on reconstructive microsurgery, breast surgery, chest wall reconstruction and hand surgery. He leads the chest wall service at Harefield Heart Hospital and has an honorary contract at Queens Square Hospital for Neurosurgery and Neurology. He has NHS outpatient clinics at the Royal Free Hospital. Mr Nikkhah is also an Honorary Lecturer at UCL and mentors both BSc and MSc students.
Mr Nikkhah has contributed a great deal to the plastic surgery literature with over 130 peer reviewed publications and 2 books in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is also a reviewer for Journal of hand surgery and Journal of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery and on the editorial board of the prestigious Microsurgery Journal.
He also authored the book Core Techniques in Flap Reconstructive Microsurgery.