Dr Christos Toumpanakis
Dr Christos Toumpanakis
MD PHD FRCP AGAF
Consultant In Gastroenterology & Neuroendocrine Tumours
Dr Christos Toumpanakis is a Consultant in Gastroenterology & Neuroendocrine Tumours in the Centre for Gastroenterology & Neuroendocrine Tumour Unit – ENETS Centre of Excellence of Royal Free Hospital, London.
He is also an Honorary Associate Professor at University College of London and has been awarded “Top-Teacher of the Year” in 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. He graduated from Medical School-University of Athens, Greece, in 1994, obtaining his Specialty Title in Gastroenterology & Hepatology in 2004, along with his PhD from University of Athens in 2007.
His main interests, apart from General Gastroenterology and Endoscopy, include gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, celiac disease, chronic diarrhoea, Inflammatory Bowel Disease and gastro-intestinal problems in patients with congenital immuno-deficiencies. His Sub-Specialty is “Neuroendocrine (Carcinoid) Tumours (NETs)” and he is considered as one of the International experts in that field.
Dr Toumpanakis has significant clinical experience in all types of gastro-entero-pancreatic, as well as bronchial NETs in all available treatment options.
He lectures regularly in several International Conferences and has published many original papers and reviews. He is a member of the Advisory Board of the European Neuroendocrine Tumour Society (ENETS), the Editor of ENETS CME program, a co-Author of ENETS, UK & Ireland NET Guidelines, as well as a member of the Advisory Board of the “UK NET patients’ foundation”.
Dr Toumpanakis is leading a NET Clinical Research Group and his main research interests include novel biomarkers and molecular imaging in NETs, mesenteric fibrosis and carcinoid heart disease.
Dr Toumpanakis’ LinkedIn profile can be viewed using the following link: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/christos-toumpanakis-16642b38
To view video content on Dr Toumpanakis and his work, please visit YouTube using the links below:
Country of qualification
- Neuroendocrine Tumours
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- Fellow of American Gastroenterology Association
- Member of the Advisory Board of European Neuroendocrine Tumour Society (ENETS)
- Member of Executive Committee of UK and Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society
- Member of the Advisory Board of Neuroendocrine Patients’ foundation UK
- Member of the UK & Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society (UKI-NETS)
- Member of the American Gastroenterology Association (AGA)
- Member of European Society of Gastro-intestinal endoscopy (ESGE)
- General gastroenterology
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Neuroendocrine (carcinoid) tumours
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Gastroinstestinal problems of patients with congenital immunodeficiency
Neuroendocrine tumours : biomarkers, mesenteric fibrosis, carcinoid heart disease
Dr Christos Toumpanakis, Consultant In Gastroenterology & Neuroendocrine Tumours is available to be seen for consultations at Royal Free London