Our mission and values
To improve the health of communities we serve through world-class medical research, education and patient care.
To be one of the top five global academic health science centres by 2020, internationally recognised for the outstanding quality of our patient care, education and research.
- Respect our patients and colleagues;
- Encourage innovation in all that we do;
- Provide the highest quality of care;
- Work together for the achievement of outstanding results;
- Take pride in our success.
- To be in the top 10% of hospitals in England for clinical quality, meeting national requirements and local expectations.
- To be in the top 10% of hospitals in England for customer satisfaction, learning and improving through constructive engagement and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- To be in the top 10% of hospitals in England for staff satisfaction with staff being fully supported, trained and developed to achieve high levels of performance and deliver high quality patient care and supporting services.
- To be in the top 10% of hospitals in England for financial performance, taking a leading role in the reconfiguration of services in London and working with local NHS partners to find innovative ways of working and meeting financial challenges.
- To provide high quality, convenient services to the local community and to patients from across the country by harnessing the expertise of our clinicians and researchers through UCL Partners and providing the highest quality of training to the next generation of NHS clinicians.