Dr Joseph Davar
MD, PHD, FRCP, FACC
Dr Joseph Davar is a Consultant Cardiologist at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead, London and an Hon. Associate Professor at UCL.
Dr Davar has been practicing cardiology for over 30 years and his practice spans a wide range of cardiac problems including chest pain, high blood pressure, disease of the valves of the heart, diseases of the muscle of the heart (cardiomyopathy), including chemotherapy induced cardiomyopathy, various palpitations, perioperative risk assessment and cardiovascular risk assessment.
Dr Davar’s earlier training was undertaken in Tbilisi and Moscow where he was awarded the esteemed 1984 A.L Myasnikov Prize of Academy of Medical Sciences of USSR for his book ‘Mitral Valve Prolapse’. Completing additional training in The Brompton Hospital and The Royal Free Hospital, he holds the position of lead consultant for services including Valvular Heart Disease, Carcinoid Heart Disease and CT Coronary Angiography.
Dr Davar regularly lectures both nationally and internationally.
Dr Davar has been recognised on numerous occasions for his advances in the field of medicine, including being awarded a research oriented British Heart Foundation Grant and being elected an International Fellow of the American College of Cardiology in 2011.
Royal Free Hospital
English, Russian, Georgian
Dr Davar specialises in Non-Invasive diagnosis and management of Coronary Artery Disease, Valvular Heart Disease, Heart Failure Hypertension and Cardiomyopathies (diseases of heart muscles), including Chemotherapy Induced Cardiomyopathies.
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Society of Cardiovascular Imaging
- Society of Cardiac Computed Tomography (USA)
- The Heart Valve Society
Number of procedures performed by Dr Davar (blue columns) against number of procedures required by guidelines to be performed for gaining expertise in the procedure (brown columns).
- Private non-invasive cardiology service
- Valvular heart disease service including carcinoid heart disease
- Cardiac CT service
Non-invasive diagnosis and management of different cardiac pathologies including:
- Coronary artery disease
- Valvular Heart Disease (leads Valvular Heart Disease Service – one of the largest in UK)
- Carcinoid Heart Disease (leads largest clinic in UK)
- Heart Failure (has Heart Failure Clinic)
- Hypertension (led Hypertension Clinic)
- Cardiomyopathies of different types (diseases of heart muscles)
- Chemotherapy induced cardiomyopathies (has Chemotheraphy induced HF clinic)
- Non Invasive Diagnosis and Management of Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Failure, Valvular Heart Disease, Hypertension, Carcinoid Heart, Disease
- Published numerous articles in peer reviewed journals
- First Author of International Guidelines in Carcinoid Heart Disease
- Author of Carcinoid Heart Disease part of UK & NI NET guidelines
- Chaired Committee of International experts created to develop International Guidelines in Carcinoid Heart Disease
- Supervised four research projects for Medical Doctorates and was awarded British Heart Foundation Grant for one of them