Mr Daniel Cohen
BMEDSC(HONS) MBCHB PHD FRCS(UROL)
Consultant Urological Surgeon
Mr Daniel Cohen was appointed as a Consultant Urological Surgeon in 2017, having completed higher surgical training in London.
Mr Cohen sits on the European Association of Urology Bladder Cancer Guidelines Panel and has an active interest in prostate and bladder cancer research. He was awarded a PhD from Imperial College London for his research on Simulation in Healthcare training and Health Policy. He has published over 20 peer-reviewed papers and book chapters and presented his research at academic and industry conferences in the UK, Europe and United States.
Mr Cohen has jointly established a minimally-invasive HoLEP (Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate) service at The Royal Free London, having undertaken a post-CCT Fellowship in Laser Prostate and Urinary tract stone surgery. His clinical practice covers the diagnosis and treatment of bladder and prostate cancer, benign prostate disease (BPH/Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms), acute stones and general urology.
Royal Free Hospital, Hadley Wood Hospital
Country of qualification
- British Association of Urological Surgeons European Association of Urology
Registration and licensing
- Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate
- Bipolar TURP
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour
- Transperineal and transrectal Prostate Biopsy
- Penoscrotal Surgery
- Bladder Botox
- General and diagnostic Urology
- Benign Prostate disease (BPH) and bladder dyfunction
- Prostate Cancer
- Haematuria (Blood in urine)
- Bladder Cancer
- Penoscrotal problems