Mr Hamish Hamilton
MB CHB, LRCP, FRCS, FCS, MBA, FACS
Consultant General And Vascular Surgeon
Mr Hamish Hamilton studied medicine at the University of Zimbabwe graduating in 1983. He gained specialty training in Philadelphia, USA in General Surgery in 1992 and has been American Board of Surgery Certified since then.
He returned to Southern Africa to Groote Schuur Hospital, at the University of Cape Town and was a Consultant Surgeon there till 1997. He subspecialized in Vascular Surgery and did further vascular surgery training in the Royal Bournemouth Hospital in 1998.
In 1999 he started his NHS consultant surgical practice as a General and Vascular Surgeon at Barnet and Chase Farm Hospital, moving to the Royal Free Hospital in 2012 and has been working in North London in both NHS and private practice since 1999.
Mr Hamilton has been a Vascular Consultant Surgeon for over 19 years and runs a busy Vascular and General Surgical practice. His surgical practice embraces all open and endovascular interventions in arteries including blocked peripheral arteries and aneurysms along with the latest treatments in endovenous treatment of varicose veins. He also does a wide range of general surgical procedures including laparoscopic hernia and cholecystectomy.
He is a Honorary Clinical Lecturer at University College London participating in teaching medical students and training surgical registrars. He has published multiple clinical research articles in peer reviewed journals and presented papers at various clinical conferences. Mr Hamilton is also a member of the National Vascular Society.
Royal Free Hospital, Hadley Wood Hospital
Country of qualification
- Vascular Surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society of Vascular Surgery
Aortic aneurysm surgery (open, endovascular and complex endovascular, EVAR) Carotid body tumour surgery and carotid endarterectomy Venous disease management:
- Varicose vein surgery: Endovenous laser therapy (EVLT), VNUS closure procedure, Varicose vein laser treatment, sclerotherapy treatment)
- Venous leg ulcer treatment including bandaging
- Deep vein thrombosis management (including endovenous procedures)
- Arterial and venous disease management
- Treatment of abdominal wall /groin Hernias
- Aortic aneurysm treatment