Dr Nick Koutroumanos
MBBS FRCOphth PgCClinEd FHEA
Consultant Ophthalmologist & Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon
Dr Nick Koutroumanos is a leading Ophthalmic and Oculoplastic Surgeon who currently sees patients at the Royal Free London - Private Patients Unit.
He has developed special expertise in adult and paediatric Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Eyelid, Orbital and Lacrimal Surgery with a particular interest in the patient-oriented and personalised, natural rehabilitation of the eyes in both functional and aesthetic surgery.
Having completed three post-residency oculoplastics fellowships and extensive oculoplastics training in London, Vancouver, New York and San Fransisco, Dr Koutroumanos currently runs a large oculoplastics practice at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead. He also leads the NHS Oculoplastic Service in Enfield, Barnet, and Edgware and the Emergency Ophthalmology Section at the Royal Free Hospital.
He is a qualified senior trainer and Royal College Examiner in eyelid surgery, cataract surgery and general ophthalmology.
Dr Koutroumanos regularly receives tertiary sub specialty referrals from other ophthalmology colleagues and consults patients of all ages with tear-duct, eyelid and eye socket conditions and dry and watery eye concerns.
Royal Free Hospital
Country of qualification
English and Greek
- Member of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Registered with the General Medical Council
- Member of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society
- Member of the European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Eyelid Ptosis repair
- Scarless tear duct repair (Endonasal DCR)
- Paediatric Eyelid and Tearduct surgery
- Surgery for Thyroid Eye Disease
- Eyelid Cancer Reconstruction
- Trauma surgery
- Orbital Fractures
- Scarless growth removal
- Functional and Aesthetic Eyelid Surgery
- Watery Eye & Dry Eye
- Thyroid Eye Disease
- Periocular Trauma (around the eye)
- Periocular Cancer removal and reconstruction