Mr Norbert Kang
Mr Norbert Kang
MBBS MD FRCS (PLAST)
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Mr Kang is a consultant plastic surgeon at the Royal Free Hospital. He graduated from Charing Cross and Wesminster Medical School (now part of Imperial College) in 1989 and undertook basic surgical training in Washington DC and Leeds. He trained in plastic surgery in London including fellowships in the peripheral nerve injury unit in Stanmore.
He was appointed as a consultant in 2002 and has specific interests in all aspects of hand surgery, prosthetic reconstruction and prominent ear correction. He has been performing bone-anchor surgery since 2005 an has an active research interest in this and allied areas, such as targeted muscle reinnervation surgery. He is a founder member of Relimb.
Country of qualification
- Plastic Surgery
Registration and licensing
- Prominent Ears
- Hand surgery – especially rheumatoid arthritis and reconstruction after trauma
- Prosthetic reconstruction of the upper limb
- Hypospadias and general reconstruction of male genitalia
- Skin lesions and skin cancer
- earFold for prominent ear correction
- Hand surgery (all aspects)
- Prosthetic reconstruction
- Bone-anchor surgery
- Amputee revision
- Targeted muscle reinnervation
- Hypospadias surgery
Mr Kang is very interested in prosthetic reconstruction of the upper limb and is actively involved in research to improve the interface between humans and prosthetic technology.
Mr Norbert Kang, Consultant Plastic Surgeon is available to be seen for consultations at Royal Free London