Miss Anna Prent
Miss Anna Prent
MD MSc FEBVS
Consultant Vascular Surgeon
Miss Anna Prent is a Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon, with her main NHS appointment at The Royal Free Hospital where she is part of the complex aortic team and the deep venous team since 2017.
She undertook a senior clinical fellowship at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in complex aortic surgery, open and endovascular. She also developed a special interest in the management and treatment of complex venous diseases. She completed her basic medical training in the Netherlands (Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam). Following this she did her vascular training, holding posts as a registrar in the Isala Clinics and University Medical Centre Groningen (UMCG). She was first appointed as a locum consultant in 2015 at Leids University Medical Centre (LUMC) and in the same year awarded with the fellowship of the European Board of Vascular Surgery. She emigrated to the United Kingdom and practices exclusively as a vascular and endovascular surgeon and offers the full repertoire of vascular treatment for arterial and venous disease.
Miss Prent is an active contributor to on-going medical research and a member of the Abstract Board of the annual Charing Cross Vascular Symposium and co-organiser of the program of the Aortic Village. She also has an interest in training and teaching, contributing to workshops in international conferences and main organiser of deep venous courses at The Royal Free Hospital.
Country of qualification
English and Dutch
- Vascular Society, UK
- ESVS: European Society for Vascular Surgery, EU
- NVvV: Nederlandse Vereniging voor Vaatchirurgie, the Netherlands
- NVvH: Nederlandse Verening voor Heelkunde, the Netherlands
- Aortic aneurysm surgery (open, endovascular and complex endovascular).
- Venous disease management (radio frequent ablation (RFA), endovenous laser therapy (EVLT), FOAM, sclerotherapy and avulsions).
- Venous leg ulcer treatment including bandaging, deep vein thrombosis management including endovenous procedures.
- Peripheral vascular disease (angioplasty, stenting, bypass surgery, amputations and wound management).
- Aneurysmal disease.
- Management of complex venous disease - post thrombotic syndrome (PTS) including deep venous interventions.
- Varicose vein treatment.
Miss Prent was involved in a research project about postoperative delirium after vascular surgical procedures between 2014 and 2016 next to her training as a vascular surgeon in the University Medical Centre Groningen, the Netherlands. Her current research projects involve; the comparison of patient selection and outcome in the early and late group of endovascular aortic repair (EVAR) and the time to treatment and outcome in acute deep venous thrombosis. She also is the local PI for the INNER-B study and part of the study group for VETEX thrombectomy in venous disease.