Professor Afshin Mosahebi
MBBS FRCS FRCS(PLAST) PHD MBA
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Professor Mosahebi is a Consultant Plastic surgeon at the Royal Free Hospital. He graduated from Guy’s & St Thomas medical school, University of London. His plastic surgery training was undertaken in some of the most esteemed hospitals in both London and New York City.
Professor Mosahebi is the Head of the one the largest plastic surgery teaching units at Royal Free Hospital. He is also the Deputy Editor of the prestigious Plastic Surgery Journal (JPRAS).
He is a Council member for the Royal Society of Medicine and British Association of Aesthetic Plastic surgeons, as well as being a member of the research committee for the British association of Plastic surgeons.
Furthermore, he is the member of Specialist Advisory Committee on Plastic surgery of the united Kingdom and is involved in teaching & training of Plastic surgeons.
“I believe each patient is unique, there isn’t such thing as a standard operation in plastic surgery & each time needs to be bespoke to patients needs & requirements”.
Royal Free Hospital, Hadley Wood Hospital
Country of qualification
- Plastic Surgery
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- British Association of Plastic & Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Professor Mosahebi’s practice is a mixture of cosmetic & reconstructive plastic surgery cases, ranging from non-invasive to complex microsurgery.
- He is involved in surgical treatment of skin cancer & breast reconstruction
- Cosmetic: rejuvenation & body contouring
- Reconstructive: complex microsurgical, skin cancer
- All aspects of cosmetic surgery
- Trauma & oncological breast reconstruction
- Skin cancer & body contouring
- Pioneering research on use of stem cell technology & tissue regeneration
- Actively involved in tissue regeneration & engineering to improve outcomes of re-building following accidents & cancer treatments