Dr Davide Roccarina
Dr Davide Roccarina
MBBS, CCT, PHD
Dr Davide Roccarina is a Specialist Doctor in General and Internal Medicine with a specific interest in Hepatology and Acute Medicine. Over the years he has integrated his medical knowledge with the use of ultrasound developing a unique clinical approach with improved time to diagnosis and follow-up of patients. He is an expert in the use and interpretation of liver stiffness measurement, fundamental for liver disease diagnosis and staging. This infact in the majority of cases provides sufficient information to more invasive procedures when they are not really necessary or highlight when further and focused assessment is required.
Dr Roccarina has been a speaker in national and international congress and he was the organiser of the International Ultrasound Course for Hepatologists held in London in 2018. He is also involved in the technical development of new software for the diagnosis of liver diseases.
The service offered by Dr Roccarina will provide a full clinical evaluation and comprehensive examination together with ultrasound assessment (baseline, flow measurements, liver and spleen stiffness measurements). Often these services are provided in three or four different steps while instead Dr Roccarina will be able to deliver the required treatment in the same working session.
Country of qualification
- General Internal Medicine
- General and Internal Medicine
- Acute Medicine
- Hepatology (in particular cirrhosis and portal hypertension).
- Clinical Ultrasound
- Non-invasive assessment techniques for Liver Disease Staging
- History and physical examination
- Clinical assessment and evaluation
- Abdominal B-mode ultrasound
- Colour-Doppler ultrasound of Portal Venous System
- Transient Elastography and Point-shear Wave Elastography for Liver Disease Staging
- Autoimmune and Cholestatic Liver Disease
- Liver Cirrhosis and its complications as Portal Hypertension and Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Non-invasive Liver Disease Staging with Elastography Techniques General and liver ultrasound
- Liver contrast-enhanced ultrasound for focal lesion characterisation